News: Misbah-ul-Haq will walk away from international cricket once and for all, after the three-Test series against West Indies, which starts from April 21.
“It will be my last series and I had conveyed this to the chairman (Pakistan Cricket Board) quite some time ago,” Misbah told reporters at the Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore. “I will try to finish it on a high note.
Misbah, who was named as one of Wisden’s prestigious Five Cricketers of the Year on Wednesday, had been under scrutiny after a string of recent Test losses, which came shortly after they had achieved the No. 1 ranking in Tests.
This also coincided with a dip in his own form. Pakistan suffered six consecutive Test defeats, and lost away series in New Zealand and Australia by margins of 2-0 and 3-0 respectively.
“Personal criticism is not good for Pakistan,” he said. “Instead of criticising personalities, it’s better if we start talking positively about Pakistan cricket. It’s always helpful for players and the country, otherwise being negative all the time give negative vibes and this affects players’ energy and performances. Overall maybe Pakistan doesn’t get much support, but we all, including me, make sure we as a country are behind our team and support our players so that morally they should go and fight in international matches.”