Pakistan’s Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has launched its own investigation into the corruption allegations emanating from the 2017 PSL. The country’s interior ministry also put four players provisionally suspended by the PCB in relation to the case – Sharjeel Khan, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Irfan and Shahzaib Hasan – on an exit control list, preventing them from leaving Pakistan.
“No complaint has been made by PCB to FIA to launch an investigation into players’ conduct”, Ahmed told ESPNcricinfo. “We have simply asked FIA to certify the authenticity of the data in players’ mobile phones in PCB’s possession for submission to anti-corruption tribunal as evidence”.
The PCB had formed a three-member tribunal headed by justice Asghar Haider (retired), and including former PCB chairman Tauqir Zia and former wicketkeeper Wasim Bari to hear the cases of Sharjeel and Latif, who had contested some of the charges against them. The hearing was set for March 24. Irfan and Shahzaib had not yet responded to the charge sheet.
Read More :
- Top 10 Best Bowling Performances In T20I
- Top 10 Cricket Records Thay May Never Be Broken
- Top 10 Best Finishers in Cricket History.
- The Best Top 10 Bowlers In The World Of Cricket
- Top Worst Racism Discrimination In The History Of Cricket.
- The Top 10 Best Cricketers Of All Time
- Top 10 Best Cricket Facts You Never Noticed
- Top 10 Best Cricket Stadiums In The World
- Top 10 longest Sixes In International Cricket
- Top 10 Best Cricket Umpires of all Time