Australian pacer Billy Stanlake in doubt for the second One-Day International between Australia and England after suffering the cut in the opening ODI of the five-match series.
“It just started off as an open wound on the top of my toe purely from bowling,” Stanlake told cricket.com.au of the injury he suffered earlier. “It gradually got worse and worse. I couldn’t walk on it, it got pretty serious. I was in hospital for four days and needed surgery.
“I don’t think I was that far off losing it. I think if (the infection) had gotten into the bone or the tendons, I might have been in some serious trouble,” he added.
Untold Story Part 1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5, 6 & 7 :
- The Calculated Gamble : Untold Cricket Story Part 1
- South African Sacrifice : Untold Cricket Story Part 2
- The Cult Heroes : Untold Cricket Story Part 3
- Untold Cricket Story Part 4 : When Sachin Tendulkar nominated Sourav Ganguly’s name for Captaincy
- Untold Cricket Story Part 5 : The Hated One India vs Sri Lanka World Cup 1996 Semifinal
- Untold Cricket Story Part 6 : Virat Kohli’s First Day In The Dressing Room
- Untold Cricket Story Part 7 : Sachin Tendulkar vs Glenn McGrath In The 2003 World Cup Final