Mahendra Singh Dhoni is not just a name. It’s an emotion to people who love cricket all over India and out of India too. His role in Team is as Wicket Keeper-Batsman. He is a Right handed batsman and a Right arm medium Bowler.
This Indian International cricketer who captained Indian cricket national team from 2007 to 2016 was born on 7th July 1981 in Ranchi, Bihar.
Dhoni used to play cricket in his school days but was never introduced to a professional way of practicing until he was in class 12th. Later, he was selected for Central Coal Fields Limited (CCL) team in the year 1998 by Deval Sahay ex Bihar Cricket Association Vice-President, was the Ranchi District Cricket President at that time. Whenever he was given a chance to prove himself he never failed to do so. He grappled with the opportunity given by Deval and made CCL move to division A.
Later after one year, Dhoni improved himself and made an entry into Bihar Ranji team from CCL. He has been part of Bihar U-19 for the season 1998-99. When he was 18 years old, he Made his Ranji Trophy debut for Bihar in the year 1999-2000 wherein he made half-century by scoring 68* against the Assam Team. In this season, he scored about 283 runs in five matches. He made his first century against Bengal team in the year 2000/01.
Dhoni’s talent was recognized by a BCCI’s talent-spotting initiative TRDW. Prakash Poddar who was captain of Bengal at the time of 1960, saw Dhoni doing a splendid job when he was playing for Jharkhand in 2003 and sent a report to the National Cricket Academy. Dhoni’s efforts were then recognized in the year 2003/04 and he was picked up for India A squad for a tour of Zimbabwe and Kenya. He helped Indian A team to reach their target of 223 against Pakistan by making a half-century. In the same period, he kept on improving his good performance and scored back to back centuries against the same teams.
Under the Captaincy of Dhoni in 2007, India received the World Twenty20 cup and during 2011, India has got the 50-over World Cup. Dhoni even led the team in getting the ICC Champions Trophy in 2013 in England.
Dhoni made his First test debut on 2005 Dec (2-6) against Srilanka at Chennai and last test debut in 2014 Dec (26-30) against Australian Team at Melbourne
He has made first ODI debut during Dec 23, 2004 against Bangladesh and Last ODI debut in 2018, 17th July against England.
First T20I debut was against South Africa at Johannesburg on 2006 Dec 1st and Last T20I was against England at Bristol on July 8th, 2018.
His first T20s debut was on Dec 1st, 2006 against South Africa and the last one was on 8th July 2018 against England.
Just ahead of the ODI series at home against England, Dhoni decided to leave the captaincy in January 2017 and stepped down from it.
Honorary awards and appreciations
– He received the ICC ODI Player of the Year during the years 2008, 2009
– He was graced with LG People’s Choice Award: 2013
– He was honored with Padma Shri, India’s fourth-highest civilian award, in 2009
– He received India’s highest honor given for achievement in sports– Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, during the year 2007–08
– He received an Honorary Doctorate degree by De Montfort University during August 2011.
– This legend was even graced with Padma Bhushan, India’s third-highest civilian award in the Republic of India, 2018
MS Dhoni All Time Records
Ms. Dhoni IPL Career:
Batting Career In IPL:
Some other unknown facts about MS. Dhoni
Ms. Dhoni (Some told him Mahi, Some said Thala, And most of them everyone favorite Captain Cool). We sharing with you some important fact about Ms. Dhoni check it.
1. On November 1, 2011, Dhoni was given the title of Lieutenant Colonel by the Indian Territorial Army. Ms Dhoni is only the second Indian after Kapil Dev to receive an honorary rank.
2. He was recommended as captain of Team India by Sachin Tendulkar.
3. Ms. Dhoni hairstyle was inspired by John Abraham.
4. His pet dogs – Zarah and Sam – play a major role in his personal life. Zarah is a Labrador and Sam an Alsatian.
5. He learned the helicopter shot from his friend Santosh Lal, who was a former Jharkhand cricketer.
6. Dhoni loves frequenting temples. His favorite temple is in Ranchi – the Deori Mandir on National Highway 33.
7. For music, He loves listening to old classic Hindi movie melodies and is a Kishore Kumar fan.
8. He is very fond of chicken. Another favorite of his is hot chocolate fudge.
9. Dhoni is a WWE lover. His favorite wrestlers are Bret The Hitman Hart and Hulk Hogan.
10. About his wife, He first met her (Sakshi) in Kolkata in November 2007.