Virat Kohli History: The buzzing name in Indian cricket fans.
Current captain of Indian national team Virat Kohli is a renowned Indian international cricketer. An excellent right-handed batsman who is considered as one of the finest batsman in the world across formats.
- Born and bought up in Delhi
- DOB: 5th Nov 1988
- Parents: Prem Kohli & Saroj Kohli
- Siblings: Vikash and Bhavna
- In 2017 he is married to Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma
- Second favorite sport: Football
- In 2002, Kohli played for Under-15 Delhi team in 2002-03 Polly Umrigar Trophy tournament. For the 2003–04 Polly Umrigar Trophy he became captain of the team.
- In 2003-04 Vijay Merchant Trophy he played for Under-17 Delhi team. He performed fabulously in that year and helped the team to lift the trophy in the following season.
- In 2006 he earned a place in India Under-19 team on its England tour. He scored an average of 105 in the three ODI series and helped the team to lift the trophy. He showed remarkable performance in the following year against Pakistan’s U-19 cricket team.
- In 2008 U-19 cricket world cup conducted in Malaysia, he led the team to victory.
- Later he was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore (IPL Franchise) for 30K USD.
- In 2008 he was selected for the India ODI team. Regular openers Sachin Tendulkar and Virendra Sehwag were both injured at that time and during this tour, he batted as a makeshift opener. India won this series with 3-2 and this was India’s first ODI victory against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka.
- In 2009 ICC champions trophy he is awarded the man of the match for the first time after scoring 79 against West Indies.
- In 2009 ODI series against Sri Lanka he made his first ODI century (107 runs from 111 balls).
- He performed consistently and continued with good form which earned him place in the 2011 World Cup.
- He was the first Indian batsman to score a century on WC debut match (unbeaten 100 against Bangladesh).
- In 2011 world cup finals against Sri Lanka Kohli scored the key 35 runs which helped India to lift the world cup in 2011 after 28 long years.
- He played his first test debut in 2011 at Kingston.
- Though Kohli is known for his splendid performance in ODIs, he is a skilled test player. In 2014 he became India’s test squad captain.
- Kohli saw a slump in 2015 in his career but he regained from it very soon and gained terrific form.
- In 2016 South Africa’s tour to India, he became fastest batsman in the world to make 1000 runs in T20I cricket.
- After MS Dhoni stepped down as captain in January 2018, Kohli became the ODI captain as well. Currently, he is the captain of Indian cricket team in all the three formats.
- 2017 – Padma Shri
- 2017 – Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy (ICC Cricketer of the Year)
- 2017(captain) – ICC Test team of the year
- 2016,2017 – Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World
- 2012, 2017 – ICC ODI player of the year
- 2012, 2014, 2016(captain), 2017(captain) – ICC ODI team of the year
- 2013 – Arjuna Award
- 2011-12, 2013-14 – CEAT International Cricketer of the Year
Also Read: History of MS Dhoni: Everyone Should Know
- Too Yumm
- Audi India
- Royal Challenge Alcohol
- American Tourister
- Boost Energy Drink
- MRF Tyres
- Vicks India
- Uber India
- Philips India
- History of MS Dhoni: Everyone Should Know
- History Of Mithali Raj; The Lady Sachin
- History of Smriti Mandhana
- History Of Indian Womens Cricket
- Top 10 Richest Cricketers In The World