The news for upcoming Indian premier league 2017 better known as (IPL), Kevin Pietersen will not play the 2017 season of the IPL, citing a busy winter as a reason for not entering the player auction scheduled for later this month.
He played in Dhoni’s captaincy Rising Pune Supergiants franchise in 2016 but included in only four games before missing the rest of the tournament with a calf injury. He was released by the franchise in December last year and would have had to be bought at the player auction in February to play this year.
“I won’t be going into the IPL auction,” Pietersen said on Twitter. “My winter has been too busy with all my travel & I don’t want to spend April/May away too!”
Pietersen spent the winter playing the domestic T20 tournament in South Africa – 198 runs in five innings for Dolphins – and the Big Bash League in Australia, where he scored 268 runs in eight innings in Melbourne Stars’ run to the semi-final.
Also Pietersen had played for Quetta Gladiators in the inaugural season of the PSL in 2016 and is set to be part of the team once again for the upcoming tournament from February 9 to March 5. Scheduled of IPL is to begin in the first week of April and end in the third week of May.
Read More :
- Top 10 Best Bowling Performances In T20I
- Top 10 Cricket Records Thay May Never Be Broken
- Top 10 Best Finishers in Cricket History.
- The Best Top 10 Bowlers In The World Of Cricket
- Top Worst Racism Discrimination In The History Of Cricket.
- The Top 10 Best Cricketers Of All Time
- Top 10 Best Cricket Facts You Never Noticed
- Top 10 Best Cricket Stadiums In The World
- Top 10 longest Sixes In International Cricket
- Top 10 Best Cricket Umpires of all Time