Minister of Sports Faizer Musthapaha had appealed to former captains Aravinda de Silva, Roshan Mahanama, Mahela Jayawardene, Kumar Sangakkara and Muralitharan to join SLC as consultants.
“I am of the view that it is an insincere, cunning move, more to use us when the cricket administration is in such a deplorable state and standby the sentiments that Mahela has expressed not able to trust the system as per his own experience of attempting to resolve pressing issues which was never implemented,” Muralitharan said in a statement.
“It is sad that National cricketers are not consulted until it (the sport) hits the rock bottom. I would not hesitate to give of my time if I do realize the genuineness and credibility of the administration despite my own professional coaching engagements worldwide,” added Muralitharan.
TOP LIST :
- Top 10 Most Sixes Record In Career
- Top 10 Richest Cricketers In The World
- Top 10 Most Stumpings Record In Career
- Top 10 Cricket Records Thay May Never Be Broken
- The Best Top 10 Bowlers In The World Of Cricket
- The Top 10 Best Cricketers Of All Time
- Top 10 Best Cricket Facts You Never Noticed
- Top 10 Best Cricket Stadiums In The World
- Top 10 longest Sixes In International Cricket