Upcoming test for Bangladesh, one-off Test between India and Bangladesh has been pushed back by one day. It was originally supposed to start on February 8, but the BCCI have opted for a late change to the schedule. The game, now, would span Thursday to Monday instead of Wednesday to Sunday.
This is the first time Bangladesh will play a Test in India since gaining Test status. They played their first-ever Test against India in Dhaka in November 2000.
“The Test was originally meant to start on a Wednesday. So we thought it would be better on all fronts if it starts on a Thursday and we could get crowds in for the Test,” a BCCI official said.
Back from a 0-2 thrashing in Tests against New Zealand, the Bangladesh captain, played down the importance of match against India — referred to by some as “historic” — and wanted his team to treat it as just another Test.
“I’m a little surprised, I don’t believe that this is a historic Test,” Rahim was quoted as saying by espncricinfo on Thursday, ahead of the team’s departure to India.
“We want to tell world cricket what we can do in India. I don’t think about how many years later we are going to play in India. We want to play in such a way that India invites (us) again and again. This to me is just another Test match.”
Read More :
- Top 10 Best Bowling Performances In T20I
- Top 10 Cricket Records Thay May Never Be Broken
- Top 10 Best Finishers in Cricket History.
- The Best Top 10 Bowlers In The World Of Cricket
- Top Worst Racism Discrimination In The History Of Cricket.
- The Top 10 Best Cricketers Of All Time
- Top 10 Best Cricket Facts You Never Noticed
- Top 10 Best Cricket Stadiums In The World
- Top 10 longest Sixes In International Cricket
- Top 10 Best Cricket Umpires of all Time