NZ cricket team coach Mike Hesson has said that Tim Southee, Trent Boult, Kane Williamson and Mitchell Santner will be relieved from this week’s matches in the domestic List A competition, the Ford Trophy, as the side looks to get its key players fit and rested in time for the home series against South Africa, which starts from February 17.
Hesson said,Santner and Williamson need time to recover from little niggles and Southee and Boult will be rested as part of their workload management.
“Tim, Trent, Santner and Williamson will all be out for a week and will be given a chance to recoup,” Hesson said. “Both Santner and Williamson have got little injuries that they need to get right and Tim and Trent obviously high workloads. The rest of the players will return to some degree.
“Mitch had a little fracture on the end of his thumb, which he has had for a little while but we want to get that right before South Africa. And Kane has had a bit of a foot issue for a while and we’ll see how that scrubs out over the next week. I can’t tell you the exact details of Williamson’s injury but he’s had it for a long time. He just hasn’t had time to rest it.”
Read More :
- Top 10 Best Bowling Performances In T20I
- Top 10 Cricket Records Thay May Never Be Broken
- Top 10 Best Finishers in Cricket History.
- The Best Top 10 Bowlers In The World Of Cricket
- Top Worst Racism Discrimination In The History Of Cricket.
- The Top 10 Best Cricketers Of All Time
- Top 10 Best Cricket Facts You Never Noticed
- Top 10 Best Cricket Stadiums In The World
- Top 10 longest Sixes In International Cricket
- Top 10 Best Cricket Umpires of all Time